stat counters

March 26, 2012

CPC Advertising, Google Adsense Strategies

Today I wanted to talk a little about Google Adsense. I do have my own site and I have been currently using adsense as a form of advertising for my web site. When I first started out things didn't really take off too fast. When  I set my account up, I made sure to only select the advertiser's I wanted to display ads on my page. Based on the niche of my site, I chose what I felt suited my site best. Everything started picking up and I started getting some clicks. This week, on average, I have been getting paid about about one dollar and twelve cents. Which is actually really good. Now, the way Google works, the more people that actually click on your ads will drop your cpc. It's based on a percentage and complicates many. I even sometimes don't understand how my account makes more some days than others.

The best way to really learn Adsense and make the most from it is trial and error.One day you could allow a few new advertiser's to bid on your spots in hopes to have them battle it out, giving you the best possible cpc. The more traffic and potential customer's you can place in front of these advertiser's, the more they will pay per click. The thing about this is you want to have, interest based advertiser's. Subject's that are closely related to your niche will most likely give you a better click-through rate and a higher cpc because we know the people clicking on them are already interested in the subject. Now you can be successful at using ads that are not based on your niche but research and analysis will be the only way to know which of these ads you will want to use. After a while you will begin to see what your traffic likes to click on and you simply give it to them. It's not as easy as it sounds but if your not making enough on one site, make another. The more information that you can get out, the more chances that someone will find your page and click on an ad.

Everyone who is successful with Adsense, have their own strategies to how they get people to click. Some park domains to make money with Adsense. Parking a domain is when you purchase a domain name and use it like it's a intersection on a major highway. When people type in a address in their browser window and they make a mistake it sends them to a parked domain. These domains are full of Adsense ads, closely related to what you were searching for, maximizing the click-through rate. Want to see? Type in an address you know is incorrect and view the page it takes you to. That's a parked domain!

Some people try very hard to make money online with Adsense but never make much. With this in mind, I want to spark conversation about this topic. So please, below in the comments, give us  a little about your experience with Adsense. Do you make money with Adsense? Any questions about your Google Adsense account? We would love to help you with any problems you may have, so please feel free to comment, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment